Think about a book or certain books (fiction or nonfiction) that you’ve read that have made an impact on your life. Take each one singularly, and answer the following questions.
- What about this book made me feel something more intense than it just being a satisfying read?
- What character or person in the book did I relate to?
- What happened in the book that made me trail it back to my own life?
- What was the resulting change in my life that occurred because of this book?
- What emotions does this bring up for me?
- What other books am I seeking out because of this book?
Any time we have a life-changing event, it’s good to document the journey and experience. It helps us dissect the incident and better understand our selves and our choices.
Good writing to you!